Monday, July 19, 2010

"India, India??? Really?....as in the Country India??"

Most of the conversations started out this way when the THE BIG INDIAN ANNOUNCEMENT was made.

Tim/Karen: "We are moving."
Other Person: "Oh my gosh, really? Where?"
Tim/Karen: "Well, India!"
Other Person: "India?"..."India, India?"......."As in the Country India?"

(FREEZE CONVERSATION)

This short introduction to the subject was the best part of the whole conversation. Hearing and seeing the reaction of a close family member, relative, coworker, and pretty much everyone else along the way has been entertaining since our first BIG INDIAN ANNOUNCEMENT to our parents less than 5 months ago.

The rest of the conversation varied greatly...

(UNFREEZE CONVERSATION)

Other Person: "Watch out for terrorists! Gosh! Tell them you are Canadian."
Other Person: "What an adventure!! You are going to love it. You are so lucky"
Other Person: "Why???" (or "Why India???")
Other Person: "Oooh, can you send me some fabric from over there?!!"
Other Person: "Make sure you wear masks...the medical kind...even on the plane trip over"
Other Person: "If I was your age I would do something like that! Awesome!"
Other Person: "Haha, I can see you wearing a turban." -soon to be on www.ratemyturban.com
Other Person: "Cool, but make sure you put Canadian Flag patches on all your bags!"
Other Person: "That's interesting, I would NOT move there though!"

I never took that last comment as an insult. I can definitely understand that last comment. I would probably say the same thing if that person told me they were moving to Canada.

1 comment:

  1. GOOD ONES, Tim! I LOVED the comment about "Ratemyturban.com" What a hoot! (:
    I suppose Dad and I commented about most of them.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete

Tell me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails